Friday 2 March 2012

Blood And Honey 1976 - Amanda Lear (Lear and Dali)

Lear’s early life including her birthdate, birthplace, gender, names or nationality is unclear. One thing is clear though: she is a real embodiment of sex. Or shall I say “he”? In fact she appears on a very popular compilation Disco Ladies then I believe the editor.
“Blood And Honey” was inspired by Salvador Dali’s painting Honey is Sweeter than Blood. No mention that Lear was Dali’s muse and she used to accompany him and his wife on trips around the globe.
As a model she did catwalk for Yves Saint Laurent, Coco Chanel and many others. She also posed for the iconic Roxy Music album “For Your Pleasure”.
I love the video, the staging and the model and I must say I like the song. As only I hear the piano, the violin, the trumpet and the percussion over the real drums, I’m ready for a dance. Straight after I realise thought it’s not a killer track (unless you dance in couples). You can find a more dance-floor friendly version here.
Good luck in grinding to your disco!

3 comments: